Dear Members & Parents,
There has been a lot happening since the Little Athletics season finished in early March. Whilst we were able to finish our season without being impacted by the Coronavirus restrictions/ lockdown, we had to hold our Annual General Meeting online (via Zoom) on the 9th of May & postpone our trophy presentation for the 2019/ 20 season. In other news:
· Paul Ryan stepped down as President after two magnificent years in charge and I was elected President. After three years on the committee and with four children at the club I was happy to step up and I look forward to continuing to provide a fun, safe and rewarding experience for all athletes.
· The Little Athletics cross-country season that occurs during winter has been postponed by Little Athletics Victoria (LA Vic) due to the current restrictions on large gatherings and we are waiting on further announcements as to whether there will be a shortened cross-country schedule or if the season is cancelled all together.
· Given the above, there is currently no official cross-country/ winter training being held by Collingwood Little Athletics however I encourage all members, & their parents, to come down to the track or surrounding parklands to have a run and stay fit (whilst adhering to the government health guidelines & social distancing requirements).
· We are currently planning to hold the Presentation Day for last season in September at our Welcome Day for the 2020/ 21 season. As we get closer to this date we will provide more details to make sure everyone has enough time to make room in their trophy cabinets.
· At this stage the 2020/ 21 season is expected to commence, as normal, in early October. As we receive further information from LA Vic we will pass it on.
Stay safe and healthy during the winter & I will provide further updates over the next few months as we get closer to the 2020/ 21 season.