Over the past week, the Victorian Premier has announced the easing of COVID-19 restrictions which means we are getting closer to being able to recommence training and competition. We are now waiting for the Victorian Government, Sport & Recreation Victoria (SRV) and LAVic to issue the final guidelines that we need to adhere to and then we will be able to get the season underway.
Sone further information/ key dates that you need to be aware of:
- The Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines for conducting community sport only allows for registered athletes to participate in training & competition. LAVic has advised that centres are required to ensure all prospective members register as either a Trial Athlete (if they are not a renewing member) or a full financial Competitive Member prior to attending any training session or competition. Athletes are not permitted to just turn up this season. Therefore, if you haven’t already done so, I would encourage everyone to register their child(ren) as soon as possible to ensure we can welcome you & your children into the track when training and competition resumes.
- We will be holding a Merchandise & Training Day on Saturday the 6th of November from 9am – 10.30am. All registered trial & fully financial members are welcome. This will give registered members an opportunity to pick up the athlete registration tags for their child(ren) in addition to purchasing singlets and other merchandise. Some of our coaches will also be present to provide training to those athletes interested. Committee members will also be available to answer any questions that you have regarding the season.
- Our formal weekly Tuesday training sessions will commence on Tuesday the 9th of November and will run from 4pm – 5pm.
- Our Welcome Day will be held on Saturday the 13th of November. Only registered trial & fully financial members can attend. Athletes will compete in various track and field events. There will also be three Olympians (refer below) in attendance conducting some skills clinics.
- Hana Basic: 100m (2021 Tokyo Olympics);
- Kendra Hubbard: 4 × 400m relay (2021 Tokyo Olympics); and
- Chris Erickson: 20km & 50km race walk (2008, 2012 & 2016 Olympics)
I would also encourage you to share the above information with any of your friends and family who you think may be interested in registering for a trial and participating in Little Athletics at Collingwood this season.
Please continue to watch our website and your emails for further announcements. If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to email your queries to [email protected] .